Sunday, April 20, 2008

carnal or SPIRIT?

PAUL has taught me that for self/flesh/carnal mind to try to live GOD'S LAW is vanity and sin.
I am to SUBMIT to HIS LIVING LAW (HIS SPIRIT), in me, WHO LIVES HIS WRITTEN LAW, through me, MAKING me GOD'S SON, an INHERITOR to ALL HIS COVENANTS.

=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=

What I found to BE the REAL LIFE, I found to be my death.

Because when we were carnal, the actions of sin, by the LAW, were working through our physical members producing fruit of death. But now we have been released from the LAW, not existing in death, and we should serve in THE NEW LIFE of HIS SPIRIT, and not in carnal/death following the LAW.

So, should we say that the LAW is sin? GOD forbid. I would not know what sin is if the LAW did not say it is sin. I would not know lust, except by the fact that the LAW says, Thou shall not covet. But sin, set in motion by the COMMANDMENT, created in me all sorts of desires/lusts. Because without the LAW, I did not know that it was sin.

I was alive without the LAW: but when the COMMANDMENT came, I saw sin in me and I had to die. The COMMANDMENT that was to give me LIFE, I found to be my death. For sin, set in motion by the COMMANDMENT, fooled me, and was killing me.

Why, the LAW is HOLY and the COMMANDMENT HOLY, JUST and GOOD. Does this mean that that which is good is death to me? GOD forbid. But for me to see sin, that was death to me, that sin had to be shown really sinful to me by the COMMANDMENT (LAW).

Because we know that the LAW is SPIRITUAL, but I am carnal, a slave to sin. Because I do the things I shouldn’t, I do not do what I should, but what I hate - I do. So, if I know that I do that which I shouldn’t, I am agreeing with the LAW that the LAW is GOOD.

Now, I realize that it is sin in me that drives me to do it. Because I know that in me (carnal self), there is nothing that is good. I know I have choice/a will, but I cannot choose/will something that is not in carnal me. Because the good that I want to do - I don’t do it; but the evil that I don’t want to do, I do. Now, if I am doing what I don’t want to do, I know that it is the sin in me. I find, then, a LAW, that when I do good, I realize that there is evil in me.

Because I delight in the LAW of GOD that is after the inward human. But, I see another law in my members warring against the law of my mind, and making me a slave to the law of sin, in my members. I am evil! Who will deliver me from this body of death?

I thank GOD, JESUS CHRIST, our LORD. I conform my mind, myself, to serve the LAW of GOD, even though my carnal self follows the law of sin. Now therefore, there is no condemnation to them who are in CHRIST JESUS, who do not follow the carnal self, but FOLLOW/SUBMIT to HIS SPIRIT.

Because the LAW of the SPIRIT of LIFE in CHRIST JESUS has made me free from the law of sin and death. Because what the LAW could not do, in my weakness of carnal self, GOD, in HIS SON, who was in the likeness of carnal sin, condemned sin in the carnal self. That the RIGHTEOUSNESS of the LAW is fulfilled in US who FOLLOW/SUBMIT to HIS SPIRIT and not our carnal self.

Because they that follow carnal self do carnal things, but they that follow HIS SPIRIT do things of HIS SPIRIT. Because to be carnal minded is death, but to BE SPIRITUALLY MINDED is LIFE and PEACE. Because the carnal mind is an enemy of GOD, because it does not submit to the LAW of GOD, neither can it. So, they that are carnal minded cannot please GOD.

You do not live by the flesh, but LIVE BY HIS SPIRIT, if you are TRULY INDWELLED BY GOD’S SPIRIT. Now, if anyone does not have the SPIRIT of CHRIST, that one is not GOD’S. And if CHRIST BE IN YOU, your body is dead because of sin but HIS SPIRIT IS LIVING ALIVE because of RIGHTEOUSNESS.

If HIS SPIRIT that RAISED JESUS from the dead DWELLS in you, HE that RAISED CHRIST from the dead SHALL LIVE through/GIVE LIFE to your mortal bodies BY HIS SPIRIT that DWELLS in you.

Therefore, BROTHERS/SISTERS, we are in debt, not to self/flesh/carnal mind to live as self/flesh/carnal mind. For if you live as self/flesh/carnal mind, you will die: but if you deny self/flesh/carnal mind and SUBMIT to HIS SPIRIT you SHALL LIVE. For those that SUBMIT to HIS SPIRIT to LIVE through them are the SONS/DAUGHTERS of GOD.

For you have not received the spirit of bondage to be in fear but have RECEIVED HIS SPIRIT, INTAKING us INTO HIMSELF, where we can CALL HIS ABBA FATHER! HIS SPIRIT BEARS WITNESS as to WHO we ARE as HIS CHILDREN, HIS INHERITORS, INHERITORS of EVERYTHING that IS COVENANTED TO CHRIST, yes, JOINT-HEIRS; in that we SHALL SUFFER and BE GLORIFIED, together, WITH HIM.

Romans 7:6 – 8: 17

No comments: